Re: Light operation based on movement

> Does this system never get out of synch Mark?
>
> I can imagine it wouldn't take long in our house before the system
thought
> there were about 38 people in the bathroom and the lights would never
go
off

> M.

Well erh sometimes, I have a button on my pronto to turn all uptairs lights
off for times like these!. After Midnight the lights on timer is only set
for 10mins with no movement (timer reset to 10 mins if movement). But all
in
all it works 96% of the time (with two people in the house).
I have a guest mode which reverts to timer only as things do tend to get
out of synch with a few people milling around!.

MJ
>   >I set hold timers for each PIR which run for 10sec's after each
PIR has
>   >sensed movement. If say Bathroom PIR hold timer is running when
>   >Stairs PIR
>   >is tripped then let Variable (Number of people in
bathroom!)=(Number of
>   >people in bathroom) minus 1. When Number of people in bathroom
reaches
0
>   >then force X10 bathroom lights off. The people in bathroom
>   >counter works in
>   >reverse so if Stairs PIR hold is running when Bathroom PIR is
>   >tripped then
>   >let Variable (Number of people in bathroom)=(Number of people in
>   >bathroom)
>   >plus 1, X10 Force brighten/ Force ON bathroom lights.
>   > This works great. Even if the wife comes in the bathroom and
then
leaves
>   >again (whilst I'm in the bath) the variable goes from 1 to 2 to
1
leaving
>   >the lights on when she leaves!. Hope you can follow this.
>   >

How does this life work?
Courses, consultations and free lectures online.
http://click.egroups.com/1/8671/9/_/2065/_/967235468/