Light operation based on movement

  • To: "Ukha_D@xxxxxxx Com" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Light operation based on movement
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:40:48 +0100

Copy of email just sent to the HomeVision mailing list...anyone here got
any
ideas?

M.

Hi All

I have recently implemented the operation of some lights in our house based
on movement.  I am using the "Comfort" alarm system and it is
triggering
HomeVision macros via ACE whenever a PIR fires.

I have found that the use of simple timers is very suitable to some parts
of
the house (like hallways) while others are going to need a lot more logic.
The example below shows the macro and timer functions for movement in the
en-suite shower room.

MACRO EVENT # 8 'En-Suite Lights'
If
Flag #1 (Dark) is set
Then
If
Timer #12 (En-Suite Movement) is running
Then
Load timer #12 (En-Suite Movement) with 0:03:00.00 and start
Else
Load timer #12 (En-Suite Movement) with 0:03:00.00 and start
End If
End If

TIMER EVENT # 12 'En-Suite Movement'

This works great if you get up in the middle of the night for a wizz but
not
so great if you are in for a bath (darkness after the 3 minutes is up!).

I have though of adding logic like IF it's after midnight (say) then the
timer is 3 minutes, IF it's before midnight the timer is 30 mins.

Anyone solved this problem with some smart logic?

Thanks

Mark.

The UKs Premier Home Automation Site
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Thinking about buying a house? Start with the Power of Yes.
It's put thousands of people into the homes of their choice.
Now it's your turn. Get your "Yes" at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/7763/9/_/2065/_/966854448/