Re: homevoice customer service

This looks ridiculous, many companies will specify a time scale for free
upgrades
along the lines of if you purchase the software within three months of an
upgrade
or service release becoming available, then it's free.

They are providing very poor customer service. The state that some people
have
been waiting 2 or more years for the upgrade, and it is reasonable to
charge them
for that - but they've just got money from you! This is one company I will
be
steering clear of unless I hear some good things about them.

Maybe you should push them a bit harder, point out the time scales involved
between your purchase and the new release and let us know the outcome?

Stuart, I can forgive the 'business to business' comment - just don't go
down the
CRM BTB VPN route. Maybe we should make this list an AFE? Any comments
Mark?

Calum [alive once more - I'm sure you all missed me, hello Stuart]

Eamon O'Gorman wrote:

> I have recently purchased homevoice, voice control software to run my
> homevision controller. However, while I am happy with the product, I
am not
> too impressed with their "customer support". Have a look at
some recent
> emails that have been flowing back and forth and let me know what you
> think. (start from the bottom up as usual)
>
> Regards,
>
> Eamon
>
> Eamon,
>
> You are right, I think I am missing the point.  2.1 is not just an
> upgrade, it is the new version of HomeVoice software.  You can
purchase
> 2.1     and you'll never need 2.0.  I know the timing is really lousy
for you
> but since it took Stephen almost two years to write we have customers
that
> have been waiting three or more for the new version.  Is any of this
making
> better sense?  I really hope you are able get something to work for
you.

> Lynn
> Eamon O'Gorman wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the reply, but I think you may be missing the point.
We are
> > talking about an UPGRADE, here not giving away software for free.
I have
> > already paid for your software.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Eamon

282F4>KH

> > Eamon,
> >
> > We simply could not afford to give away our software.  We had
originally
> > thought about having the upgrade be free but the feedback we got
from
> > our customers was that we'd be crazy not to charge something.
> > Unfortunately, we can't please everyone with this decision.
> >
> > I understand your frustration though and I wish you all the best
in
> > pursuing other software.  I'm confident you'll come up with a
working
> > solution.
> >
> > All the best to you,
> > Lynn White
> >
> > Eamon O'Gorman wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm sorry about his, but I have to say I am not impressed
with the
> charge
> > > for the upgrade. I recently paid over 240 pounds Irish last
month for
> > > homevoice. To have to fork out more money on top of this so
soon for an
> > > upgrade, to my mind is taking advantage. If you compare to
say,
> > homevision
> > > or many other home automation hardware and software
suppliers, I think
> > you
> > > will find they offer instant and free upgrades over the
internet for
> all
> > > their existing customers (no matter how long ago they
purchased the
> > > product). In fact I have just upgraded my homevision
software over the
> > > internet for free.
> > >
> > > I would have no problem in paying for an upgrade in a year
or so, but
> > be
> > > expected to pay again so soon is out of order.  And I assume
that I
> would
> > > be asked to fork out a similar amount again when you decide
to upgrade
> > > 2.2 when that comes out?.
> > >
> > >    I think I will be investigating some other software to
use in
> > > conjunction with homevision, as I am sure it will work out
cheaper in
> the
> > > long term.. Looking at HAL2000, I see that it is only 300
dollars to
> > > purchase, and I can download an upgrade for free over the
internet.
> > Perhaps
> > > you should reconsider your upgrade policy.. I would
appreciate your