homevoice customer service

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: homevoice customer service
  • From: Eamon O'Gorman <eamonogorman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 14:45:56 +0100

I have recently purchased homevoice, voice control software to run my
homevision controller. However, while I am happy with the product, I am not
too impressed with their "customer support". Have a look at some
recent
emails that have been flowing back and forth and let me know what you
think. (start from the bottom up as usual)

Regards,

Eamon

Eamon,

You are right, I think I am missing the point.  2.1 is not just an
upgrade, it is the new version of HomeVoice software.  You can purchase
2.1	and you'll never need 2.0.  I know the timing is really lousy for you
but since it took Stephen almost two years to write we have customers that
have been waiting three or more for the new version.  Is any of this making
better sense?  I really hope you are able get something to work for you.

Lynn
Eamon O'Gorman wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, but I think you may be missing the point. We are
> talking about an UPGRADE, here not giving away software for free. I
have
> already paid for your software.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eamon

the
charge
> > for the upgrade. I recently paid over 240 pounds Irish last month
for
> > homevoice. To have to fork out more money on top of this so soon
for an
> > upgrade, to my mind is taking advantage. If you compare to say,
> homevision
> > or many other home automation hardware and software suppliers, I
think
> you
> > will find they offer instant and free upgrades over the internet
for
all
> > their existing customers (no matter how long ago they purchased
the
> > product). In fact I have just upgraded my homevision software
over the
> > internet for free.
> >
> > I would have no problem in paying for an upgrade in a year or so,
but
> be
> > expected to pay again so soon is out of order.  And I assume that
would
> > be asked to fork out a similar amount again when you decide to
upgrade
> > 2.2 when that comes out?.
> >
> >    I think I will be investigating some other software to use in
> > conjunction with homevision, as I am sure it will work out
cheaper in
the
> > long term.. Looking at HAL2000, I see that it is only 300 dollars
> > purchase, and I can download an upgrade for free over the
internet.
> Perhaps
> > you should reconsider your upgrade policy.. I would appreciate
your
> > comments..
> >
> > Eamon O'Gorman

BTW: Did you buy that new car yet?
If not, check this site out.
They're called CarsDirect.com and it's a pretty sweet way to buy a car.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6847/9/_/2065/_/967382765/