RE: Sensor

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Sensor
  • From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:24:46 +0100

At 16:10 16/08/00 +0100, you wrote:
>2) I'd bet a fiver that plugging in to the headphone socket switches
the TV
>speakers off - no TV sound!!

Probably.  Usually pushing the plug partly in gets you sound without doing
the disconnect, but it's not very reliable.

>Plus, I don't actually know whether the headphone output could be
connected
>directly to one of Comforts zone inputs?

Bit of a long shot, I would have thought, you'd probably still need a bit
of gain and a capacitor to make it look less like a small wiggly waveform
and more like a big straight one!  Without gain, you still might be able to
detect it using Comfort's analogue inputs.  Headphone out is usually around
line level, or less, say 0.5V rms for a fairly loud listening
level?  Again, it mightn't be a very tricky circuit... if I get round to
the composite video version (ha ha ha!  Maybe next year...), I might post
the schematic... headphone version would be remarkably similar...

Actually, have a look at http://www.sound.au.com/project38.htm
.  I came
across it a couple of days ago, looking for ideas for a slightly different
application here at work, and it should do the job nicely.

Nigel

Thinking about buying a house? Start with the Power of Yes.
It's put thousands of people into the homes of their choice.
Now it's your turn. Get your "Yes" at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/7763/9/_/2065/_/966497163/