From: "Nigel Orr" <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 10:32 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] iButtons

iButton update...

Having phoned round the UK distributors, Azzurri are the ones to go for-
they actually hold stock (gasp!) of the 9091K as well.  Only snag is they
don't yet take credit cards- they said it will be a week, so I'll have to
dust off the cheque book!

Of the other distributors on the webpages, SBM don't sell the parts, just
support and documentation, DT Electronics have no 9091K kits, and don't
expect any until late Aug or September, and Insight don't have stock of
them either.

But £53.96 for the EVK, and LED ibutton reader and an extra 1990A-F5, inc
postage and VAT, is _very_ reasonable- straight from dallas would have been
$57.86+shipping+VAT which probably wouldn't have been much less.  The 1990
iButtons are £.99 each, compared to a few quid from Maplin...

Unfortunately they don't have the elusive 9097U programmer.

And I'll not mention the other distributor who tried to sell me the 9091K
kit alone for £318.81... much keypressing later and it was £45...

It's about £60 for the 9091K kit alone in Maplin/Farnell, inc VAT.

Nigel

http://click.egroups.com/1/7016/9/_/2065/_/966549193/