RE: iButtons

I've just ordered the iButton Starter Kit (DS9092K) from Farnell, they have
it in stock at =A364.63 inc VAT + Delivery.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nigel Orr [mailto:Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 August 2000 10:32
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] iButtons

iButton update...

Having phoned round the UK distributors, Azzurri are the ones to go for-=20
they actually hold stock (gasp!) of the 9091K as well.  Only snag is
they=20
don't yet take credit cards- they said it will be a week, so I'll have
to=20
dust off the cheque book!

Of the other distributors on the webpages, SBM don't sell the parts,
just=20
support and documentation, DT Electronics have no 9091K kits, and don't=20
expect any until late Aug or September, and Insight don't have stock of=20
them either.

But =A353.96 for the EVK, and LED ibutton reader and an extra 1990A-F5,
inc=
=20
postage and VAT, is _very_ reasonable- straight from dallas would have
been=
=20
$57.86+shipping+VAT which probably wouldn't have been much less.  The 1990=
=20
iButtons are =A3.99 each, compared to a few quid from Maplin...

Unfortunately they don't have the elusive 9097U programmer.

And I'll not mention the other distributor who tried to sell me the
9091K=20
kit alone for =A3318.81... much keypressing later and it was =A345...

It's about =A360 for the 9091K kit alone in Maplin/Farnell, inc VAT.

Nigel

http://click.egroups.com/1/8014/9/_/2065/_/966505308/