Re: Protect and survive

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Powell Andy / AMS wrote:

> Ian,
>
> > > I had not browser session running or FTP sessions... does
anyone know
> > > what's going on? anyone else worried?
> >

> > Sounds like advertware calling home.... Do you have any
> > advert-supported shareware on your PC?
>
> The thing is I had started Homeseer TRIAL and then closed it down.
Nothing
> orther than McAfee Virus scan, Zone alarm2 is running...and...errrmm..
it
> was trying to contact keware.com (where Homeseer comes from). I was,
> literaly, just about to start IE to buy Homeseer when, before I could,
this
> message popped up...
>
> A.

Maybe they've built a telepathic interface into it.  It detected that you
were going to buy it so was automatically sending you the order forms?

--
Ben White
ben@xxxxxxx

Get FREE LIVE predictions from astrologers and psychics!
Let Excite help guide your future!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7728/9/_/2065/_/966007007/