Re: Protect and survive

> I do not know what is going on, but it could be something as simple as
HS
> checking to see if there is a newer version available.  I am about to
> automate checking for a new version in ACE too doing about the same
thing.
> If this is a concern, I would like to know.

Dan

It concerns me that I wouldn't have known if I wasn't running ZoneAlarm2...
I don't mind if an application wants to check for updates, providing:

1. I can switch it off
2. I know that it's happening e.g. a message box with "ACE is now
checking for a newer version"
3. If I want it to check 'silently' then I can - but by default it would
have to be 'noisy'.

A.

*********************** DISCLAIMER ****************************
This message is intended only for use by the person
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information
that is privileged and confidential. Its content does
not constitute a formal commitment by Lombard Odier.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this
message. Thank you.

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Apply NOW!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Enjoy a half minute of relaxation
3. Get rates as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Ongoing APR and no annual fee!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7876/9/_/2065/_/966006932/