RE: Interfacing PIR's

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Interfacing PIR's
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:12:08 +0100

Hi Darren,

you need a Digital Input Output Card or DIO for short
Maplin have a 24 line card for 79-99
BrainBoxes PC DIO 24    order code KT78K
Info at http://www.brainboxes.com/digital.html

That should be able to accept the input directly if you connect the contact
to Ov ant the input pin. At worst, you will need a 1 kohm resistor between
the input pin and +5v as a pull up when the contact is open although it
probably isnt required.

Keith

been able
> > > to interface to
> > > my HomeSeer X10 setup using powerflash modules.  With these
> > > attached to the
> > > panel I am able to pass the alarm status (armed, disarmed,
> > > alarm etc) to
> > > HomeSeer via X10.
> > >
> > > Next I would like HomeSeer to know the status of the PIRs
> > > around my house.
> > > However I don't want to be buying an expensive powerflash
> > > module for each
> > > PIR.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any ideas on how I could interface my
> > alarm inputs to
> > > my PC so I can inform Homeseer about the PIR states, of
> > > course this should
> > > be in an inexpensive and reliable way :o)
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Darren

> > > Privileged/Confidential Information and/or Copyright
Material may
> > > be contained in this e-mail. The information and Material is
> > > intended for the use of the intended addressee. If you are
not
> > > the intended addressee, or the person responsible for
delivering

http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/9/_/2065/_/965995974/