RE: Interfacing PIR's

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Interfacing PIR's
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:48:34 +0100

OK,

its taken a while for me to reply but here is a simple diagam and
explanation.

Use the existing contact to operate a small double pole relay.
Use one of the relay contacts to connect to the alarm panel.
Use the second relay contact to connect to a Home Automation system.

You have a choice of either normally open or normally closed connection to
choose from.

On the diagram, ALL contacts and relays are shown in their RELEASED state.
In normal use the door/PIR contacts would be closed and the relays
OPERATED.
That way, a relay failure will cause an alarm giving you a failsafe.
That is how the existing PIR relays are connected.

Hope the diagram helps
Hope the diagram gets through as well, if not let me know and I will mail
direct.

Keith

Click for more information on how eGroups members save with beMANY!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6780/9/_/2065/_/965994546/

AuxAlarmSensor.gif