RE: Protect and survive

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Protect and survive
  • From: REB.Barnett@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:27:24 +0100

> 1. Is anyone using ADSL/Cable for 24x7 connection to the internet

A word of warning if anyone is considering using BT's OpenWorld ADSL
servic=
for the Comfort web interface. I may have misunderstood, but from what info
I could find, OpenWorld won't be so open and is likely to disable web
hosting from your PC. There may be a way around this, but the chat on the
newsgroups I read suggested there may not, and it might not be worth
effort=
.

It's the main reason I've asked BT to install HomeHighway for me, to use in
conjuction with Freeserve's 24x7 offering.

And a minor rant to anyone listening who works in BT's customer service
department: you really need to sort yourselves out when it comes to selling
your HomeHighway service. I had the brochure telling me what HH was arrive
on Wednesday (like I'd order it without knowing), plus a bill for =A3120
fo=
r a
service we don't yet have. On Thursday I had a nice letter arrive telling
m=
the engineer would be popping around today to install it (I'd expected a
phone call to arrange a mutually convenient date). Phoning BT on the stated
freephone number to tell them their engineer will not be coming around this
morning, and my wife got an earful from some woman demanding to know how we
got hold of their department's number. She turned all saccharine sweet when
we told her mind.=20

An extremely un-professional service. I really wish we had a cable
alternative.

Ray Barnett.

=20

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/9/_/2065/_/965993049/