RE: cables, sockets and plugs, whole house audio, x10 DI N modules

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: cables, sockets and plugs, whole house audio, x10 DI N modules
  • From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:22:24 +0100

At 04:50 11/08/00 -0400, you wrote:
>No 'scope.  I think I'll just build what you have (if you don't mind of
>course!).

No, that's fine by me, I'll put it on the web somewhere at the weekend if I
get a chance.  I'll call it 'feedbackware', no charge but let me know how
it works :-)

>My electronics is pretty crap - I can use TTL logic gates, know a bit
about
>transistors etc. but couldn't design these sort of circuits - I have no
>pride to swallow!

Have a look at http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/docs/ir/irremote.html
for
a more workable system, which mine basically duplicates.  Ignore everything
to the left of the 120pF capacitor, which isn't really needed with the TSOP
receiver, and you're left with the 555 application-note circuit, as
probably printed in the Maplin catalogue... though there appears to be one
error, not sure if it's intentional, doesn't seem to make much difference
either way... so you need a 555 timer, 2 resistors and a capacitor.

If you have the transmitter near the equipment, it probably doesn't even
need the drive transistor, just connect the IR LED and 100 ohm resistor in
series to the 555 output (or 7555, though it might need a bigger resistor-
say 180 ohm)

Circuit diagram to follow...

Nigel

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/9/_/2065/_/965985788/