MIDI + Linux

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: MIDI + Linux
  • From: "Harrison, Mark (Alliance)" <mark.harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:37:30 +0100

The "new" HA PC has arrived, and it's time to install Linux on
it.

As you may be aware, the national association for the abolition of X-10
does
not support nasty low-functionality stuff like shoving modulation onto that
mains and believes that the only way forward is to floodwire the house with
mains-level cable from a central patch panel.

The best hardware I've found to control lighting is the NJD MIDI-lighting
controller. I set up one of these in a friend's house a couple of years
ago,
controlled by a Win 9x server. However, I don't think that Win 9x is the
way
forward for HA, so want to move to Linux.

Does anyone have any experience with MIDI cards for Linux boxes to drive
external MIDI devices? What's the best card to buy?

Regards,

Mark

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/9/_/2065/_/965925417/