Re: RE: (ukha_d) cables, sockets and plugs, whole house audio, x

May well do, but only if you stop using .bmp files for some of the images
o=
n your site ;), they don't work for me and are probably larger than the
equ=
ivalent gif/jpg anyway.

http://letsautomate.com/images/10236.bmp
http://letsautomate.com/images/10329.bmp
http://letsautomate.com/images/10340small.bmp
http://letsautomate.com/images/X10.bmp

etc.

Ben

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Mike Huggins wrote:

> Not wanting to blatantly advertise...
>=20
> But I sell cables and stuff...
>=20
> Get the order =A385.11 + VAT (=A3100 inc VAT) and delivery is free
(throu=
ghout
> the UK)
>=20
> http://letsautomate.com/index.cfm?Nav=3DCableAccessories&;
>=20
> Mike
>=20
> (I guess it could be said that that was a blatant ad. Sorry)
>=20
>=20
aud=
io,
>=20
>=20
> Screwfix.com is a good place to go for the cable & sockets.  From
memory,=
> 1000ft cat roll costs about =A334 (+ vat?), plus they have all the
socket=
ry.
>=20
> Alternatively, Contact Electronics are a bit cheaper, but you'll have
to =
go
> the shop - the nearest to you is in sunny Basildon (01268 523377).
You c=
an
> get
> a catalogue posted to you from 01293 420000.
>=20
> HTH
>=20
> Pete
>=20
bought, I=
've
> got about 2-3 weeks between getting the keys to the place and moving
in s=
> I'm planning on cabling as much of it as I can before we're in.
>=20
> Does anyone know good cheap suppliers for cables, plugs, sockets etc?
I'=
> based in Colchester/Ipswich area mainly so somewhere in East Anglia
would=
be
> good but mail order is fine so long as I can get it all in the next
week =
or
> two...
>=20
> I'm initally planning to stick CAT5 cable throughout, probably 4-5
cables=
> each corner of the room, all going back to the study.
> I've got my SO interested on the basis that I'll be able to get audio
> distributed around the whole house.  For this I'm not so sure what the
be=
st
> way is.  I've been thinking about running some speaker cables around
alon=
> with the cat5, and also coax cables for video (is this called rg6?).
> However
> I think that the main stereo kit will be in the lounge rather than in
the
> study so will need a way to get the source coming from the lounge back
> the
> study to be distributed around elsewhere, with some extra audio kit in
th=
> study to supply more audio sources.
>=20
> Main objections I've had are that it'd be best not to have to gouge
holes=
in
> the walls for the cables to go through as some rooms aren't going to
be
> decorated for some time.
>=20
> Ideally I'll be trying to put all the cables behind the skirting board
as
> then I'll not have the worry of having to get the wall plastered so
smoot=
hly
> and won't need to decorate most of the rooms so soon.
>=20
> I'm also wanting to replace the current old fusebox with a newer trip
swi=
tch
> one, and install a DIN rail for X10 control of the lights.  What does
thi=
> involve?  From what I've found on the net so far it looks like I'll
proba=
bly
> need to rewire one extra cable from the lights back to the fusebox
and/or
> rewire the switches to go back to the fusebox.
>=20
> I'll probably be cabling the place up over the next few weeks,
(planning =
on
> moving in finally during the bank holiday weekend coming up.)
>=20
> If anyone's got any information or suggestions that may help, it'd be
gre=
at.
--
Ben White
ben@xxxxxxx

Spend your money on the things you enjoy=85NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.=20=20
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/9/_/2065/_/965917436/