NTL Digital

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: NTL Digital
  • From: "Michael Mc Aree" <michael.mcaree@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:58:44 +0100

Installed yesterday and when I was flicking through the channels I got Home
& Leisure installing a monster HA system in a US home. Big DVD &
Home Cinema
setup with lighting 'scenes' etc. I thought it was a good omen :-)

First views on NTL Digital are;
100% better than analogue - the picture is super (S-Video).
The EPG is much faster than SKY and Channels are not grouped. You can
scroll
down the list of channels and see what is on over the next 8 days and also
set reminders. A few minutes before the programme is about to start a
screen
pops up asking if you want to watch the channel.
No Teletext :-(
No Interactive (yet) :-(
No Event Timer (yet) :-(
RTE 1 & 2 as part of the basic package :-) (NI only I think)
My Father has SKY and NTL beats it apart from Channel choice. I don't
really
care as most of the SKY extra channels are like .TV - two hours strected to
8 hours and it is called a channel :-)

The rear panel of the box looks interesting;
TV RF Connector.
Mono Audio
Composite Video
Stereo L & R
Two Scart.
IR Blaster out
IR remote in
RS232 DCE (For service use only)
Parallel port (IEEE 1284) to connect to a printer (for future use)
Ethernet Connector (for future use)
There is also a slot in the front for your credit card when you want to buy
things on the net (for future use)

I am very happy so far with the picture quality, and the sound. Within the
software setup there are option to change to Widescreen, 16:9 or 4:3
(P&S).
Also S-Video or Composite. My pronto is working fine with it although I am
having some fun trying to get my screens to work with the EPG.

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/9/_/2065/_/965811559/