Re: Trapdoors?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Trapdoors?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 19:07:24 BST

>I'm sure I've missed something here but why do you need mains for a
Pronto
>and a DECT handset?  I have both on my coffee table - the DECT handset
is
>put back on its base station when it need charging and the base station
is
>in a convenient place for
>mains and phone connections.  The Pronto uses normal batteries which
last
>about 6 months but the same could be done for that.

No, you're right, sometimes the most obvious solution is the hardest to
spot! - My S.O. said pretty much the very same thing when I mentioned it to
her, so in the persuance of domestic harmony (and to save myself the aggro
of crawling around underneath my living room floor) that's very probably
what I'll be doing. - I'll put the power supplies for these somewhere more
discreet in the room, and just return the units to the chargers
periodically. - I plan to keep the phone's charger uinit on the table
though, as it also server as a handy stand, keeping the phone upright, and
easy to pick up - I'll just move the whole assembly once a week or so.... -
Likewise for the Pronto, it looks so much better sitting on its nice
cradle.

Cheers.

Paul G.