RE: Plasma display questions

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Plasma display questions
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 12:16:45 -0400

> A friend of mine is about to order 3000 plasma screens, and
> has offered to
> get one for me too. From what I can gather the Panasonic has the best
> picture at the moment, but I really would like to go for a 50
> incher. Does
> anyone know of anything in the pipeline?

So the price could be very reasonable then for that sort of quantity...

> I'm trying to work out how to connect the stuff up. As none
> of them have
> SCART connectors, I presume that I will loose automatic
> format switching
> (between anamorphic and stretched pictures) when playing
> Region 1 DVDs. Is
> there a player out there that adds the information into the
> (non-visible)
> picture lines so that the screen will auto-switch? Is there another
> solution?

There's a mod that allows the pure digital signal from the player to be
pumped out to a suitably equipped plasma screen.  This apparently gives
broadcast quality image.

Hmmm, very tempted...., but unfortunately this would not get past SWMBO -
no
way!

James (H)

Get FREE newsletters on the latest shareware, breaking technology news,
computer product reviews, and how-to's from PCWorld.com. Sign-up now!
http://click.egroups.com/1/8006/9/_/2065/_/965425405/