Re: Question re X10 module

At 10:07 03/08/00 +0100, you wrote:
> > Ahh, right, but the switched load doesn't go to the switch right?
- So it
> > would OK to use smaller cable than the 1.5mm T&E that the
lighting circuit
> > requires? - presumably I could use 6A 2-core lamp cable between
the switch
>&
> > the module? - at least that would be easier to route/conceal.
>
>Presumably but dunno.  Over to Nigel/Keith...?

It should 'work', the documentation might say what the switch drop should
be rated as.  But it would be 'good practice' to use the appropriately
rated T&E, to save future problems if someone removes (perish the
thought!)
the X10 and returns it to normal operation without uprating the cable.

Might only need 1.0mm, depending on your MCB rating, it's not much bigger
than 6A flex, and you'll need 3-core anyway to provide the earthing for the
switch/backbox.

How were you planning to run it?  Isn't there a switch drop there already
that you can use?

Nigel

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7014/9/_/2065/_/965294527/