Re: Question re X10 module

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Question re X10 module
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:03:44 BST

>They are different in that they are TRANSMITTERS Paul.  If you are
using a
>HomeVision, CM12U etc your controller will know the lights are on too.
>Isn't this what you wanted?

Ahhh... Right - not having any din rail modules already, I'm not familiar
with them you see. So, the LD10's DONT transmit either then?
and they wouldn't assist in any way being able to track their status in
Homeseer?

>NO.  You need mains rated momentary contact switches.

Ahh, right, but the switched load doesn't go to the switch right? - So it
would OK to use smaller cable than the 1.5mm T&E that the lighting
circuit
requires? - presumably I could use 6A 2-core lamp cable between the switch
&
the module? - at least that would be easier to route/conceal.

>I have heard lots of complaints about the TM12U too.  To be honest I'm
not
>using mine much so I can't comment.  I have heard that it is being
>re-designed without the built in appliance module as this is causing
>problems.

AHA! tell me more.....

I'm using mine a lot less now since I got my Pronto, as I now use that for
X10 90% of the time..

Cheers.

Paul G.