Re: Question re X10 module

> 1) How are these different from using JUST a din rail module and any
old
> pushbutton switch?

They are different in that they are TRANSMITTERS Paul.  If you are using a
HomeVision, CM12U etc your controller will know the lights are on too.
Isn't this what you wanted?

> 2) Given that I've got NO alternative to using a DIN rail type
solution,
> I've a couple of queries about how I might most easily integrate some
into
> my house. I won't ask too much about the wiring, as I know there are
some
> PDF's on the Comfort site that document retrofitting them into UK
house
> wiring, so assuming I'm using standard din rail module LD10's ...
> a) Any momentary press switch can be used at the switch location,
right?
> b) Only low-voltage goes between said switch & LD10, Right?? (So
some nice
> thin cable, like CAT5 is all I'd need to run to the switch location)

NO.  You need mains rated momentary contact switches.

> Also, I suppose I could consider the wireless switches, but I really
don't
> fancy that idea much - I've had too many experiences of the TM12
locking
up
> and refusing to accept signals, and I really hate the idea of anything
> battery operated. - If they failed just once when my wife was trying
turn
> the living room lights on, then they'd have to go - no question!   :-(

I have heard lots of complaints about the TM12U too.  To be honest I'm not
using mine much so I can't comment.  I have heard that it is being
re-designed without the built in appliance module as this is causing
problems.

M.

Explore the popular High-End Room -
Go To Where The Smart People Shop-uBid.com
http://click.egroups.com/1/6141/9/_/2065/_/965292281/