First post...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: First post...
  • From: Ian Lowe <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 06:59:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys.

I have been lurking for a few days, and this is my first post, so be
gentle! I don't have any HA gear installed (yet), as I have been
concentrating on home networking instead.

I was lucky enough to speak to the site foreman whilst my house was
being built, and got some CAT-5 installed (of course, not enough!)

I am now looking at retro-fitting another twenty or so ports, along
with RF distribution over co-ax.

My question is: has anyone got one of those video/audio baluns for
sending audio + composite video over CAT-5?

I kinda resent paying forty/fifty quid for one, so that I can pull it
apart. My ultimate goal is probably to fit the innards of these
AV-senders into a clip-in module face. (B&Q warehouses do modular
faceplates with CAT-5, telco, Co-ax etc modules, which are much more
flexible than Maplin's verison)

Ian.

=====
>+++
Ian R Lowe. Director, Wintermute Consultancy Ltd.
e-mail: ian@xxxxxxx
Onward and Upward! Towards Ascension!