Re: Advice on custom input/output for pc

At 13:44 01/08/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Doh ! I think I may be being a bit stupid here, the VFD does not
require an
>HD44780 Controller, it is equivalent to it. So I just wire it up to the
>parallel port.

I would guess so, but it's not really clear from the catalogue.  LCD
displays mostly include a HD44780 or equivalent controller.  One thing I'd
forgotten before is that it allows 4-bit access as well as 8-bit, which
does cut down the number of parallel port pins that are required on the
cable

Nigel

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application