Re: DIN modules question

> But I'm sure I've seen pictures of an HA setup where all the mains
wiring
> for each light etc came back to one location, where there was a large
bank
> of X10 modules.  What is the point of that?  Is it just that X10
dimmers
> are the cheapest remotely controllable dimmers that you can buy?

Are you talking about my setup?  What other way would you want to do it?
It's like that...
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/images/consumerunits.jpg

You still seem to be missing the point.  If these were all hard-wired
dimmers you could only operate them from the switch in the room that they
were wired to!  Without X10 capability they wouldn't be usable from any
plug
in transmitter anywhere in the house.

Also...how whould you have comfort talk to a hard wired system.

How would you have HomeSeer, or CWI or HomeVision etc etc talk to a
hardwired system.  X10 is the key that links all these together.

M.

http://click.egroups.com/1/7017/9/_/2065/_/965059219/