RE: Displaying and controlling my PC from any TV

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Displaying and controlling my PC from any TV
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:04:13 +0100

At work all our presentation machines have....

PS2 mouse on desk.
Logitech Cordless mouse on Com Port.

One machine also has a space Mouse (3D thingy) on the other com port.

apart from very occasionally refusing to see both mice they work extremely
well.

I have also built a keyboard splitter based on a circuit I found on the
net.
It works quite well and I even modified it to have 3 keyboards on the same
PC. The only limitation is that only one of the keyboard has active LED's
for CAPS/NUM/SCROLL etc. Also only one keyboard is ever active at any time
but I could happily type a message using a different keyboard for each
keypress. I havent had the time to develop the idea further but it is
possible.
BTW. The bits for the splitter cost under 2 quid and all the keyboards were
normal PC keyboards either PS2 or DIN.

http://home.t-online.de/home/stephan.hans/tricks.htm

Hope that helps

Keith

Never lose a file again. Protect yourself from accidental deletes,
overwrites, and viruses with @Backup.
Try @Backup it's easy, it's safe, and it's FREE!
Click here to receive 300 MyPoints just for trying @Backup.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6349/9/_/2065/_/965048700/