Displaying and controlling my PC from any TV

  • To: "Home auto egroup" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Displaying and controlling my PC from any TV
  • From: "Steve Gordon" <steve.gordonsolutions@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:00:20 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way of using my PC (Based in and upstairs bedroom)
from
any of my TV location around the house.
My aim is to be able to access the PC for Homeseer, e-mail and internet
from
any of the TV locations

My idea is to use the Logitech RF mouse and Keyboard as roving Input
devices
with the receiver positioned in a central location within the house.
Then use a TV out card (Or similar) to output the PC screen onto the aerial
coax network which runs to each TV, tune a channel on each TV to the PC
frequency and Bingo

I've been playing with the RF mouse and keyboard but I'm unable to get the
sort of transmission distances that I require. I need to be able to use the
mouse and keyboard at about 20-25ft from the receiver and the most I can
get
is about 10-15ft (Though this was with a laptop).

Questions:

1. As I do not seem to be able to get enough range from the standard
Logitech devices can anyone suggest some way of amplifying the signals to
compensate for the extra distance required?

2. Is there a way of connecting more than one PS2 input devise to a PC? If
this were possible then I could simply use some kind of PS2 splitter and
extensions to place other receivers at suitable locations throughout the
house.

3. With regard to the TV out idea, can it be done like this? Is there
another way? Has anyone used specific equipment to achieve the same
solution?

All comments suggestions gladly appreciated

Steve

Spend your money on the things you enjoy…NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/9/_/2065/_/964526102/