Whole House Phone wiring, security wiring

  • To: "'UKHA'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Whole House Phone wiring, security wiring
  • From: "Winspear, James" <james.winspear@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:55:52 +0100

Hi,
I'm cross-posting this email message here (originally from Individual
HomeBuilding & Renovating's SelfBuild Mailing List), as I'm interested
in
others HomeVision or other security suggestions.
Thanks in Advance
James

short. =
The
> central controller is of course still there.
>=20
> Since we are re-wiring the whole house and intending to put in a CAT5
dat=
> network and phones (even perhaps whole house audio, after the recent
> posts!)
> etc.  I feel sure we should be able to do this too.
>=20
> Can anyone advise on where I can get info on how to do this?
>=20
> Hmmm, sounds rather familiar - our builders ripped out basically all
the
> existing wiring.  I've put back Cat5 to all the appropriate PIR
locations=
,
> and still have the old BT Security box in a corner somewhere.  ADT
> Security came out, and suggested about 265 Pounds to install the new
> motion detectors, panel and keypad.  However, I've never been
impressed
> with their solution technically, failures, reliability and
> customer-response being questionable IMHO.
>=20
> To that extent, I'm probably going to end-up putting in my own Motion
> Detectors (purchased from HomeAutomation websites), and probably
cameras,
> and link them up to something like HomeVision (www.csi3.com from
memory),
> which I have for HA.  This can do some pretty neat things as far as HA
is
> concerned, but its not an outright security solution (IMHO).=20=20
>=20
> I'd like to integrate my HomeVision monitored solution into a remotely
> monitored Call Centre.=20=20
> Does anyone know anything about this ?=20=20
> Is it possible ?  It appears to be done in the States, but I haven't
foun=
> it over here (in the UK).
>=20
> I guess that all remote-monitoring centres want to minimize
integration,
> and therefore demand proprietary solutions, rather than mine (or is
there
> a standard) ?
>=20
> I'm sure that doesn't help, but I guess we'd both welcome other
people's
> input.
>=20
> James

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
without retaining a copy.=20=20

http://click.egroups.com/1/7078/9/_/2065/_/964108510/