Re: Pronto Timed Macro's

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Pronto Timed Macro's
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:06:21 GMT

Don't know about that, but I did have a bit of a brainwave earlier - As
some
of you may know, I have a bit of problem just now in trying to add an IR
interface to my Homeseer PC. - As it runs on Windows 2000, I am limited to
serial port devices only, and the serial devices supported by homeseer are
expensive, (beyond me just now), and are only available from the US

BUT -- I have a Pronto....

AND -- The pronto has a serial interface

SO -- If the Pronto's serial interface protocol and command set were known,
wouldn't it be possible to also use the Pronto as a PC IR interface?

OK, so I know I'd have to run a serial cable to the coffee table where the
Pronto lives (no big deal), and as the interface is in the Pronto, and not
in its cradle, I'd have to live with the pronto being connected to a
cable... - maybe I could live with that, I'd have to try it for a while to
find out, but it would only be a temporary solution until either Concept
Devices, or Keware add windows 2000 support for the PCRemote interface.....

Has anyone ever thought of this? or even tried it?

Paul G.

(sobered up now!)    :-)