RE: Good IR repeater

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Good IR repeater
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 21:25:58 +0100

Depends where and how they wired the HH

HH comes with a 6 way cable to run to the original point of entry.
2 wires take the digital line to the HH box and the other 4 take Analogue 1
back to the point of entry to connect to your existing analogue wiring. If
you have existing analogue wiring running around the house you should have

2 BLUE/White (B Wire)
3 ORANGE/White (Bell Wire)
5 WHITE/blue (A Wire)

might also have 4 WHITE/Orange (designated as earth but not often
connected)
If they used 6wire then the Green/White pair is probably laying unused.

As all wiring after the NTE is designated as "Customer Owned"
even if
originally installed by BT that means it is yours. As long as the wires are
not connected to any of BT's plant there is no problem with you using it
(IMHO). Interference wont even be a problem because the IR will be a
balanced signal with whatever you send down 1 wire coming back up the
other.

Keith