Re: House plans?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: House plans?
  • From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:20:08 +0100

At 14:11 06/07/00 +0100, you wrote:

>I'd quite like to model my house, so I can plan cable runs better,
>without the inconvenience of Unexpected Joist Syndrome.
>
>Does anybody know if the plans are held anywhere, and if I can get at
>them? The house was built in the late 1950s.

Not at the level of showing where the joists are, or not that I've ever
come across.  If there are, the most likely place would be the planning or
building control folk at your local council, if plans are kept from that
far back.

But the joists generally run perpendicular to floorboards, in a fairly
predictable fashion... usually with 16" spacing, or thereabouts.
Where are
you concerned about unexpected ones?  You're more likely to find unexpected
woodworm, rot, gas, plumbing or electricity than joists!

Nigel

Who invented Gatorade -- and what part did it play in
winning the1967 Orange Bowl? Find out the true facts at
http://click.egroups.com/1/6212/9/_/2065/_/962889689/