Re: Introducing TINI: Tiny InterNet Interface

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Introducing TINI: Tiny InterNet Interface
  • From: "James Traynor" <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 17:31:42 -0000

I was thinking along the same lines but went for the TINI because it
had a built in network port,1 wire interface, lots of memory(I am
used to Basic stamps), its a pity it uses Java though I much prefer VB
( note: if you want to use a serial connection to your PC and plan on
using MScomm32 be warned it uses lots of processor time about 10-15%
on my machine<AMD K2 450> and thats just receiving a data stream not
transmiting). If you are looking for serial LCDs try
www.milinst.demon.co.uk they are the a UK supplier of the Parallax
products and quite a good range of LCD

James

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ray Barnett" <Barnett_Ray@h...>
wrote:
> > Thanks Keith This TINI board seems to be exactly what I have been
> > looking for. I have ordered one from the states, it should take
>
> Good luck. Just been agonising over which should get my money: the
> Tini board, or the BasicX module. I'm a VB bod though, so the
BasicX
> won it by a hair's breadth. It appears that the BasicX device
> supports the one-wire bus, so when it's served its time as a
> datalogger, it may well find itself becoming the thermostat I've
> always wanted...
>
> Of interest to others, http://www.basicx.com also have an LCD
product
> advertised that sounded rather good. It uses an RS232 interface, so
> you can connect to it easily. Simple command set to operate it. And
> the best bit: it has an 8 channel ADC on board, a keypad interface,
> and a relay interface. US$60 for a backlit 4x20 display seemed
quite
> reasonable, so I've ordered one of these too.
>
> Ray Barnett.

Need some home improvement repairs done?  Win A Guy and make him do it!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6293/9/_/2065/_/962645504/