Introducing TINI: Tiny InterNet Interface

  • To: 'UKHA Discussion' <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Introducing TINI: Tiny InterNet Interface
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:51:45 +0100

Hi All,

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before.....
if they have then I must beat myself around the head for not paying
attention :-)

One of the guys at work just pointed me at

http://www.ibutton.com/TINI/index.html

which is the home page for TINI: Tiny InterNet Interface

to qoute from the site ......
"To date, machinery and the network have remained largely separate
entities.
Embedded processors have communicated within local limits to control
lighting, heating and cooling units, doors, refrigerators, toasters, and
soda dispensers. Bridging the gap to allow machinery to talk to the larger
network requires a specialized data language and improved processing
capabilities, without making the bridge too big or too expensive. Meet the
bridge that executes Java™ and speaks TCP/IP: TINI™."

Looks extremely interesting for HA use. I just need to learn Java now :-)
Keith

Let Internet Call Manager notify you of phone calls while you're surf!
Never feel rushed to get off-line again. Includes Caller ID and Web
voicemail. And only $5 per month. Start your FREE trial today!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6080/9/_/2065/_/962351551/