From: "M McAree Jr" <michael.mcaree@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 3:10 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Video Capture Cards.

> > >  Not likely !!! Most of it code *borrowed* from sources on
the Net.
> > > I am very impressed with the DS1820 stuff. It is really nice
to have a
> > > single screen showing the temperature of various rooms along
> > with a video
> > > feed from outside.
> >
> > Any chance of a screen grab?
> >

> Have a look at http://www.thompson.co.uk/screenshot.gif
> The info is dummy (and there is no front door cam shot) as I don't
have my
> HA PC in work, but you get the general idea. I plan to make use of my
extra
> video input device and add another camera. I will then have a toggle
button
> instead of the drop down combobox. Hotkeys to each camera may be
useful as
> could then get Pronto to learn the hotkey strokes from my IR keyboard.
> still have to do the call logging aspect of CallerID. Steve Morgan -
how
did
> you implement this? (on your website you just give ana apology)
> Considering I got my DS1820 a week ago I don't think it's that bad :-)
>

> > > Now that I have 3 video sources on my HA PC I may get
> > > another camera. Did we come to any concensus on what was the
best
value
> > for
> > > money camera available from Henry's, Maplins, B&Q etc??
> >
> > Macro have a cheap one again this month(25 or 27 + VAT from
memory).

> Thanks I'll try to get a run out there tonight. Do you still need a
card
for
> there?
>
> Michael
> BELFAST

> Win $5000! Click Here:

Never lose a file again. Protect yourself from accidental deletes,
overwrites, and viruses with @Backup.
Try @Backup it's easy, it's safe, and it's FREE!
Click here to receive 300 MyPoints just for trying @Backup.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5669/9/_/2065/_/962319633/