RE: Video Capture Cards.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Video Capture Cards.
  • From: "M McAree Jr" <michael.mcaree@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:10:03 +0100

> >  Not likely !!! Most of it code *borrowed* from sources on the
Net.
> > I am very impressed with the DS1820 stuff. It is really nice to
have a
> > single screen showing the temperature of various rooms along
> with a video
> > feed from outside.
>
> Any chance of a screen grab?

Have a look at http://www.thompson.co.uk/screenshot.gif
The info is dummy (and there is no front door cam shot) as I don't have my
HA PC in work, but you get the general idea. I plan to make use of my extra
video input device and add another camera. I will then have a toggle button
instead of the drop down combobox. Hotkeys to each camera may be useful as
could then get Pronto to learn the hotkey strokes from my IR keyboard. I
still have to do the call logging aspect of CallerID. Steve Morgan - how
did
you implement this? (on your website you just give ana apology)
Considering I got my DS1820 a week ago I don't think it's that bad :-)

> > Now that I have 3 video sources on my HA PC I may get
> > another camera. Did we come to any concensus on what was the best
value
> for
> > money camera available from Henry's, Maplins, B&Q etc??
>
> Macro have a cheap one again this month(25 or 27 + VAT from memory).

Thanks I'll try to get a run out there tonight. Do you still need a card
for
there?

Michael
BELFAST