Re: Basic question - how to connect cat5

You can find a wiring diagram for the plug here:
http://www.lhup.edu/~sdavis/rj45.htm

The 2nd diagram is for making a crossover cable, and unless you need one,
ignore it.

But the patch panel & ports should both have come with destructions on
how
to wire them? If not, they might have numbers on them, these correspond to
the numbers in the above diagram.

Stuart Grimshaw
Schoolsnet LTD
www.schoolsnet.com         Special