RE: DOS Command line X10

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DOS Command line X10
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:15:01 +0100

I found that annoying as well because I too have plugboards connected to
the
PC's so that speakers, modems and printers all go off.

One possible way round it would be to fit a relay inside the power supply
control the monitor socket. Power the relay from the +12v line in the PSU
and you have a psuedo AT power supply that will turn everything off when
you
shut the machine down.

As an aside to that.... we have Compaq machines at work with ATX power
supplies and I tried in vain to get info out of Compaq to see if they could
be made to boot up automatically after a power failure. They couldnt see
why
we would want to do that when there was a perfectly good button on the
front
for you to turn it on !

Keith

http://click.egroups.com/1/4633/9/_/2065/_/962010969/