Halogen lights / Transformers (robots in disguise)

Hi,

I've finally cracked and decided to look at the Halogen lights in one of
the rooms to find out how they have been installed and this is what I've
got, what I'm after is info on the possibilty of dimming these via x10....

Here goes - oh and by the way most of this means nothing to me but I *can*
turn off the mains and wire up modules!

The WALL switch is a Busch-Jaeger dimmer 240v @ 50hz

There are 11 Halogen lights arranged in a circle.

Each Halogen light has a transformer 'attached' The input voltage is
230-240v @50hz the output voltage is 11.5v [max 2m] (I'm assuming that the
[max 2m] means a maximum distace from the transformer is 2meters(?))

The transformers are all the same, are made by OSRAM and have the following
on them:

Halotronic HTM 70/230 240
Electronic Transformer
20-70w
Dimming by leading edge
Phase control for inductive loads

anyone got any ideas here?

thanks

Andy

--- Tag-it V1.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998
Authorization for a project will be granted only when none of the
authorizers can be blamed if the project fails, but when all of the
authorizers can claim credit if it succeeds.

Get 6 months of FREE* MSN Internet access!
http://click.egroups.com/1/5725/9/_/2065/_/961787102/