Re: Occupancy Sensors and Auto Security Bypass

I've been working on some logic for Comfort to do this for people living on
their own so that they can have the alarm on in certain rooms even though
they are walking around, during say Day mode, protecting just the rooms
that
they are not in. This was suggested as a useful application by Dario of
Eurosistemi. http://www.quiaffari.it/piemonte/eurosistemi/home.htm

It is using a similar logic to what you mention except with just one
pressure mat and a PIR. Basically the pressure mat checks if the 12 hour
timer on the PIR is running and sets a flag and stops the timer if it
is(meaning exiting the room) and if it isn't, it sets the flag (meaning
entering).

Meanwhile the PIR response cheacks the flag and skips the alarm if the flag
is set (occupied) and does not skip the alarm(do nothing) if the flag is
not
set. So it basically does the alarm function which the triggerring of the
designated zone type will do for that mode.

I havn't tested the theory yet but I'm hopeful it will work. Good system
design will be
critical, you must make sure that a pressure mat cannot be accessed by a
potential intruder and that the PIR is a type with a fast 'clear down' on
exit, also the PIR must not point at the area where the pressure mat is.
You could also switch all the flags off when arming to Away Mode just in
case one is still on.
Different Timers and Flags must be used per room, but the responses I've
written don't take very much code.

action codes use
21 is for skip alarm
194 for timers
132 for flags
86 for stop timer
some skips too

I'll test it (soon) and let you know if it works and share the code on the
Comfort egroup.
No point doing it unless it does work.

Andrew Roberts
Comfort Home Controls
(Tel: 44(0)1244 680675)
(Fax:44(0)1244 671455)
WebSite: http://www.comfort.org.uk

========== PLEASE CONFIRM RECEIPT==============
Email is often unreliable, please help me to know if you received
this message ok by sending a blank return message
to: andrew@xxxxxxx?subject=MessageReceivedOK
I normally reply to information requests the same day. If you are still
waiting for a reply after 3 days, assume it's lost in cyberspace and
try again, phone or fax me, thanks.