Re: Occupancy Sensors and No Light Switches

> I don't think this can really be done properly with only one form of
input
> (IE PIR's) - at least not economically!

Nobody said anything about ecconomy ;-)

> A front door is a far more tricky proposition - what about when
someone
> comes to the door, and you have a conversation with them - both the
inside
> and outside pressure pads would be tripped concurrently (although not
> simultaneously), and a break-beam would not be tripped at all! -
anyone
care
> to think about how you'd program for this scenario??

While (FrontDoorInsideTrigger And FrontDoorOutsideTrigger)

WaitUntilStateChanges

Wend

If BeamBroken and Not(FrontDoorOutsideTrigger) then
' Outside person came in
End if

If BeamBroken and Not(FrontDoorInsideTrigger) then
' Inside person went out
End if

If BeamBroken and FrontDoorInsideTrigger and FrontDoorOutsideTrigger
' I think they traded places!
End if

If Not(BeamBroken) and Not(FrontDoorOutsideTrigger)
' Outside person went away
End if

If Not(BeamBroken) and Not(FrontDoorInsideTrigger)
' Inside person went away
End if

This is an alpha release for testing purposes only!

> Why can't it be as easy as it is on Star Trek?? - Any of those
i-button
> gizmo's have anything to offer for occupancy detection?? - How about
> proximity detection within a room, by wearing a special badge?

I would have gone for the tricorder approach,  the frame of the door would
be the tricorder, as you passed through it would detect your life signs. It
would know who you were (and if you were supposed to be there!) tell you if
you were ill, phone the office if you were.. and possibly beam you directly
to the nearest hospital (though undoubtedly it wouldn't be an NHS one!).
You
wouldn't need to rely on a badge then - that's the failing of the badge
system in Star Trek - If you left your badge in your quarters you could
leace the ship and it would still think you were there.(I saw it in an
episode so it must be true!!)  Now that we're in the realms of fantasy you
could extend this so that the whole room was effectively a tricorder - for
precision. .. which brings another thought to mind.. the holodeck thing
would make redecorating a breeze... "Computer run program andy 689,
Liverpool Cathederal  simulation".

Andy

This message is intended only for use by the person to whom
it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. Its content does not constitute a formal commitment by
Lombard Odier. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender and destroy this message. Thank you.

Get 6 months of FREE* MSN Internet access!
http://click.egroups.com/1/5725/9/_/2065/_/961764322/