Re: Modulation..

At 15:52 22/06/00 +0200, you wrote:

Replying to 3 replies...

> (NICAM stands for Near Instantaneous Companded Audio Modulation), I've
not
Oops, is it Multiplex, thanks for the correction Mark (Guru?  Nawww.)  And
for extra points, what does the 728 in the original designation "Nicam
728"
stand for?

And I'm not sure what 'other Mark' means about modulating onto cat-5?  I
just connect it to phono sockets at each end, with a transformer if it's
buzzing- is there some system that runs stereo down a single cat5 pair?

>I'm basically after converting one of my PCs into an mp3 jukebox, with
the
>output sent over the RF cable, the display would appear on a TV
channel....
>ie. Video output from PC into Averkey 300 (PC to TV converter), from
there
>to the modulator which would also take the audio, this signal is then
fed
>into the RF system meaning that any tv is the house could see and hear
it..

As far as I can see, you're stuck with mono, though your dual modulator
'bodge' should work (you will need a second demodulator at each of the
receivers to extract the second channel though).  If you _really_ can't run
any more wires (you can never have too much copper under the floor/ in the
walls/ over the ceiling!!), then a separate RF link (eg one of the 2.4GHz
audio sender things) might be the only way to get stereo.

I presume the wire issue is because you want the signal to go to a number
of rooms, and they've all got co-ax already... maybe someone else knows of
a product that will do what you need?

There's always the illegal FM transmitter kits, if you don't mind the
neighbours hearing it too, and anyone else who sees fit to investigate your
'emissions'.  No, I've not used one, so I've no idea how well they work.

Nigel

SALESFORCE.COM MAKES SOFTWARE OBSOLETE
Secure, online sales force automation with 5 users FREE for 1 year!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2658/9/_/2065/_/961683459/