Re: Modulation..

> There is only one conventional audio channel on TV broadcasts.  The
stereo
> is modulated in a more complex way, crammed into the picture bandwidth
> (NICAM stands for Near Instantaneous Companded Audio Modulation), I've
not
> seen a domestic NICAM modulator.
>
> You could modulate L onto one channel and R onto another (eg one
modulator
> set to ch 38, one set to ch40), but then you'd need two demodulators
at
the
> other end to extract the audio.  It'd probably be easier to run some
extra
> cable... and the sound quality would be better too :-)
>
> If you can give more details on what you're trying to achieve, there
might
> be an easier way!

I'm basically after converting one of my PCs into an mp3 jukebox, with the
output sent over the RF cable, the display would appear on a TV channel....
ie. Video output from PC into Averkey 300 (PC to TV converter), from there
to the modulator which would also take the audio, this signal is then fed
into the RF system meaning that any tv is the house could see and hear it..
All the bedrooms, livingroom and study have VCRs so a suitable scart lead
would connect them to the amp in those rooms.. All this means that I could
get away with 1 cable - the RF one. running more cables is going to be a
problem.

Andy

This message is intended only for use by the person to whom
it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. Its content does not constitute a formal commitment by
Lombard Odier. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender and destroy this message. Thank you.

SALESFORCE.COM MAKES SOFTWARE OBSOLETE
Secure, online sales force automation with 5 users FREE for 1 year!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2658/9/_/2065/_/961681862/