RE: Question for HomeSeer users:

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Question for HomeSeer users:
  • From: Steve Morgan <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:41:58 +0100

Paul,

Inside my VB app, I use the following code to play back a voicemail
message...

Set objHS = CreateObject("HomeSeer.Application")

FileCopy objMsg.Filename, "c:\temp\msg.wav"

objHS.TriggerEvent "PlayMessage"

objMsg.Filename is the name of the WAV file that I want to play. This is
copied to a fixed filename (c:\temp\msg.wav).

I have a HomeSeer event set up call "PlayMessage" which is a
Manual
event and under the App/Sound/..?? tab (sorry, it's on another PC and
I've forgotten the exact text), has c:\temp\msg.wav in the 'Play Sound'
text box.

Nothing very sophisticated, but it works for me.

Actually, I've just looked at the posts to the HomeSeer message board
and I agree with Rich. Set up several events like the PlayMessage one
above, but with their corresponding WAV files. Then, just use the
TriggerEvent method to play back the appropriate one.

Cheers,
Steve