Re: Outdoor Speakers (WAS: whole house component suggestions)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Outdoor Speakers (WAS: whole house component suggestions)
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:00:50 GMT

>Just one other thing, have you got a dog? I know the instant I put rock
>speakers into my garden my to dogs would seek them out and P**S all
over
>them!

No, but there are a few neighbourhood cats who come into our garden
occasionally... Hey, this gives me an idea!! - maybe these could be made
into dual-purpose devices - outdoor speakers, AND cat-scarers... If each
enclosure also had a PIR built in to it, which activated a _very_ loud
rottweiler barking WAV file to played over said speakers, scaring any cats
which come near half-***tless!!

Now there's a thought!!!

>Just like when we had our new carpet put in - we left offcuts near the
>doorways (from previous experience these prime targets for a doggie
>accident) and what happened - the first "accident" (I think
it was probably
>deliberate!) on the offcuts? Nooooooo.. Right slap bang in the middle
of
>the
>room! Little bug****s...

Sod's law....

Paul G.

(now thinking about how to mount a PIR AND a speaker in the same concrete
enclosure...)

;-)