Re: Outdoor Speakers (WAS: whole house component suggestions)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Outdoor Speakers (WAS: whole house component suggestions)
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:11:52 GMT

>Errm, sorry to butt in but wouldn't the best way to ensure that your
"rock"
>didn't get wet was pick it up and take it inside? Maybe you could fit
>wheels,  a sort of mobile rock concert ;-)
>
>andy

Oh ha ha...
This is getting silly...  ;-))

That's not TOO far removed from what I do now, which is:

a) try to find my long mains extension lead,
b) plug it in in the kitchen (on an RCD protected outlet obviously!),
c) hump a ghetto-blaster down the end of the garden & plug it in,
d) go find a selection of CD's & take them down there as well,
e) at the end of the evening (when I'm usually quite drunk!) pack it all
back up & take it back inside again.
f) go back to a) the next time!

I want to avoid all that searching for stuff & humping it down the
garden. I
also want to avoid taking my original CD's down there as well - CD's &
BBQ's
& alcohol are definately not a good combination!
I would like to have to do nothing more than start a playlist on my MP3
jukebox (which I could even do from down the garden using a phone), select
the outdoor speakers, and relax! So I don't want to have to bring the
speakers inside - although I suppose I'd not be adverse to bringing them in
over the winter, as I'm not very likely to be sitting out there then!!

Paul G.