RE: More ranting from me!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: More ranting from me!
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:17:38 +0100

Don't want to start one either. I was asked my opinion on .mp3 last week
and
thought I ought to actually listen to the stuff first! As I have
deliberatley steered clear of the stuff my level of knowledge in terms of
bit rates/encoding software is more than a little limited. I will try to do
the best A/B comparison I can (see my reply to Nigel's post). If I like
what
I hear I'll put an mp3 jukebox in the car where convenience is more of an
issue to me.

Tim.

I had a couple of friends round at the weekend who work at Virgin radio,
and
have been involved in pro Audio all their working lives. As expected they
weren't too impressed with the "directional" cables (we all know
that it
makes sod all difference which way you plug them in, but I still maintain
that they are better than mains cable), but did like the Hi-Fi. One of them
has just bought a new house, and the lucky bastard is being given a full
B&W
Nautilus based Home Cinema, plus B&W multi-room set up for the rest of
the
house.

Find long lost high school friends:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5535/7/_/2065/_/961503337/