RE: Outdoor Speakers (WAS: whole house component suggestions)

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Outdoor Speakers (WAS: whole house component suggestions)
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:38:28 +0100

Bloody Hell !!!

> >a sub speaker which is about 1m^3 (you bury 2/3 of it!) and weighs
> >113.7kg!  That's even heavier than me!)
> >

> Wife!!! - NASCIH!! (Not a Snowball's....) - I haven't even
> managed to sneak
> a sub into the living room yet!

You are going to be in Deep S*** if you try and put a sub into the lounge
by
sinking 2/3 of it into the floor, especially if you have concrete floors
;-))

Sidetracking a bit....I did see some subs on This Old House once that were
made for underfloor mounting with a small ventilation style grill cut into
the carpet. I suppose if you had warm air heating you could pretend you had
put in another outlet.

Getting back on track, the DIY construction described earlier souns
remarkably like the Rockustics spekers I saw at Disneyland about 5 years
ago. They had smallish holed drilled as a grill and I presume the speaker
was mounted high up inside away from any bad weather.

Let us know how you get on.

Keith

Make music with anyone, anywhere, through FREE Internet
recording studio software. FREE software download!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3734/7/_/2065/_/961497563/