RE: WANTED : Whole House Component Suggestions

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: WANTED : Whole House Component Suggestions
  • From: "paul gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:32:06 GMT

Talking of speakers, what with the nice weather & all, I was thinking
the
other evening about putting some speakers in my garden, then I got to
thinking about putting in "hidden" ones - you know the ones like
they have
at disneyland that look like rocks....

Has anybody put in outdoor speakers? if so what? and how well did (or
didn't) it work?

Has anybody used (or even seen) the ones that are disguised as rocks?

Cheers.

Paul G.

>From: Clive Dilley <clive@xxxxxxx>
>To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [ukha_d] WANTED : Whole House Component Suggestions
>Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:39:10 +0100
>

>- In-Ceiling Speakers (still haven't made any formal conclusions about
>cost/benefit of ?3 vs ?100 speakers, but with 6 zones I can't afford
more
>than perhaps 2 pairs of good speakers (?100/pair), 4 pairs of
'background'
>quality speakers (?20/pair) ).
>
>I have gone for CSI ceiling speakers
>(http://www.derossi.com/hometech/audio/csi.html#SP6C)
which retail at
>around $70 - only problem is that you need to get them out of the US
and
>shipping is almost the same price!! I normally get them send to a hotel
in
>the US (where I or friends stay) for a few dollars and bring them home.
The
>quality (to my non-trained ear) is very acceptable and although they
are
>not invisible have full wife-approval (I have just ordered my 6th &
7th
>pair). I just used normal 72 strand copper cable (I didn't try the
T&E, as