Re: iButton & Things

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: iButton & Things
  • From: "Stuart Grimshaw" <stuart@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:57:15 +0100

Nigel, I baught the DS9091k kit. COmes with various 1-wire devices. To get
it to work under Linux, I had to attatch the device to a Win95 PC and run
the demo software, it worked fine on my Linux box after that!!???

The only problem with this that I have found is the adaptor you get with it
is the older kind, without the line driver in it, so source code is hard to
come by for Linux. I'd consider spending a little extra and go for the
newer
adaptor as well.

I baught it from Farnell, as they were the only company to respond to
request for a catalogue.

Stuart Grimshaw
Schoolsnet LTD
www.schoolsnet.com         Special