Re: LCDs etc

At 09:39 19/06/00 +0100, you wrote:
> > Hasn't it already been done?  The lcdproc pages seem to cover
most
> > applications, and the displays 'just plug in' to the serial or
parallel
> > ports.  Did you have something extra in mind?
>
>Is the software readily available Nigel?

I think I'm going round in circles here... I must have omitted to say
something in my postings last week, or I'm missing something... <g>

Assuming you want Windows software,
http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/winport.php3
has the details.  It's version
0.4 (of a Windows port of linux software), so pre-release, but may be
usable enough.  It's a client-server thing, so you run the server on the
machine with the display attached, and send it messages locally or via
TCP/IP.

http://www.2morrow.com/ is the home
page for the Windows port.  I don't
know if it has .exe files or just source, but I suspect it will be .exe's
as well.

I've not used it, but hope to soon!  Same goes for the VFD displays...

Nigel

GIVE YOUR WIFE A BREAK! Lowest prices on maids, lawn care, carpet
cleaning, painting and remodeling services in your area at our new FREE
website.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5572/7/_/2065/_/961409332/