WANTED : Whole House Component Suggestions

  • To: "'UKHA'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WANTED : Whole House Component Suggestions
  • From: "Winspear, James" <james.winspear@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:08:36 +0100

Hi,
Can anyone make suggestions for great components for my upcoming
Whole-House Audio/Video system.  I'm pre-wiring just about everywhere &
everything, and now need to start thinking of the actual components to use
all this wiring !  [Otherwise the future wife may start to loose her
curren=
understanding nature]

I'm going to be using HomeVision, Pronto, and am distributing Catx UTP,
coax (2 to each outlet), IR and speaker cable as necessary.  Any personal
recommendations for components (or adverse comments) would help me a lot.
I've not got a great budget, and am not an audiophile / home-theatre-phile.
All components must be capable of being remotely controlled, as I intend
to move to a single Pronto control over Understairs-cupboard hidden away
components with as little visual impact as possible.

Ideal Components :

- CD Player (MultiDisk between 100-200 CDs) perhaps =A3300

- PC-based MP3 Jukebox ?

- Whole-House MultiZone Amplifier setup (6 zones) [or reluctantly
SingleZon=
Amp?}

- Multizone IR Receivers and Emitters [Xantech ?]

- Tuner (cheapish normal IR-capable component, I guess)

- Video Distribution system (6 zones)

- In-Ceiling Speakers (still haven't made any formal conclusions about
cost/benefit of =A33 vs =A3100 speakers, but with 6 zones I can't afford
mo=
re
than perhaps 2 pairs of good speakers (=A3100/pair), 4 pairs of
'background=
'
quality speakers (=A320/pair) ).

- Speaker cable suggestions for the above system

Anything else I should consider or am missing?  I'd very much appreciate
an=
input on any of these components, as I'm likely to jump in with both feet
otherwise and end up with a rubbish solution.  Thanks In Advance

James

This message may contain information which is confidential or privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
without retaining a copy.=20=20

Free @Backup service!  Click here for your free trial of @Backup.=20=20
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online.  Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5469/7/_/2065/_/961174554/